[DeTomaso] more evidence I'm a not much of a mechanic...

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Fri Feb 19 23:20:45 EST 2010

In a message dated 2/19/10 6:28:19 PM, chrisvkimball at msn.com writes:

> when you say I should run the spark plug wire to ground, do you mean that
> once I remove the wire from the plug I should actually run the spark plug
> wire directly to ground, and that won't damage anything?

Attach a ground wire with an alligator clip to the ground lug on the plug
base so the plug works normally but is outside the engine. Otherwise, the
built-up energy in the MSD and coil will have no place to go .... until it
punches a hole in a circuit board to ground inside the box. Good luck- J DeRyke