[DeTomaso] 383 vs 393 vs 408 ??

Erik L erik at unicall.no
Fri Feb 19 18:14:16 EST 2010

Hello
we have just pulled the 351 out of my brothers 1972 Pantera.
It is parted and shows weare from low oil pressure etc.

The only sensible thing to do is to keep the original cylinder block and fit
the rest new after boring it to .040". It is already .030".
To fit new complete cylinder heads and maybe a stroke kit from Scat(?), will
probably do?!

The car need 400-450 hp(DIN:-), with good
torque!

So anyone thats done it with sucsess before?

We are chancing to aluheads but what are the best.. Trick Flow, Aussie, CHI
or other?

- 61cc and another 2-3 cc caused by the head gasket make: ca 12,0 with a
flat piston 408 displacement and: 10,6 with dished pistons.

Alternative 2: 11,3 with 383 cu in, and flat pistons or : 11,56 with stroke
kit 393 cu in and flat tops ?

Strokerkit from Scat proabarly..., but schould we go for 408, or stop at 393
?

- Flat pistons or dished? We are worried about how the oilring are on the
dished pistons..
Could you also recommend rocker arms and a good cam shaft, and pushrods?

The car will be used on normal roads, highways and mybe on track, but just
for
fun.
Or do you have other suggestions, but we´ll keep the 351 block .

Erik & Viggo
Norway

--
Med vennlig hilsen

Erik Lund
Daglig Leder
UniCall Drammen As / UniCall Sandefjord As
Mobil: +47 47 24 51 73