[DeTomaso] Paypal/eBay - was Fikse wheels

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 16 11:16:00 EST 2010

I removed my bank account from Paypal, I did not and never will feel comfortable that anyone could debit funds from my bank account without my consent. No matter whether it is an account set up just for Paypal or not, some of you guys need to admit there is something wrong when you have to manage it in such a way that you move funds out to protect yourself. No one will convince me that is derived from the actions of a 'great company' who have anything but self interest in mind!

My experience was a purchase of a gas analyzer went sour when the unit was totally misrepresented, so Ebay said send it back, I did then the seller complained and gave a BS story about it working when he shipped it and got awarded the arbitration. So now he has the unit and is getting the $500 too so I pulled the plug on my bank account link and have never reinstated it.

I have had another isntance where I have had to use the credit card protection to get my money back on non delivered goods. Paypal absolutely hate that and that is in most part why the default payment method is from a bank account as you have no recourse if anything goes wrong.

Despite Ebay and Paypal being one in the same they operate in such a way that neither takes responsibility for anything. Paypal fees are exhorbitant and the so called 'protection' they offer isn't worth the code it's written in.

You can probably link you bank account for a short while to get 'verified' then delete it if you so wish.

Julian