[DeTomaso] aftermarket heat-A/C unit

The Goyaniuks andriykoisg at yahoo.ca
Sun Feb 14 08:33:23 EST 2010

In the Canadian East the summers are hot and humid

Like you, I was never really happy with the stock system.   But I still wanted to retain the original engineering for ease of installation and servicing.

I am putting a 4.6 in my car.

While at it ...  I decided to replace ALL of the A/C gear but using the stock set-up.

I replaced:

1)  the stock A/C evaporator from a 4 pass unit to a 6 pass unit (fits in the same A/C box).  The heater core is retained - need it in Canada !

2)  the stock fan unit to a quieter and stronger 3 speed Spall fan unit.  I found the stock unit did not blow strong enough.

3)  the A/C hoses and fittings to new hoses with O-ring fittings.  I was tired of refilling the A/C system every 1-2 years.

4)  the condenser from a 2 pass unit to a new 4 pass unit.

The 4.6 came with a new and modern compressor so I gave away my rotary unit for the Cleveland.

HTH

B.G.