[DeTomaso] Rear A-Arm connection brackets

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Feb 13 13:24:30 EST 2010

Dan wrote:

> > The Beast has been getting it's rear suspension-frame connections
> cleaned
> > up & welds checked for cracks, and we found one on each side.
>
>>>It's worth mentioning that you car is a pushbutton, which came from the
factory with a rather weak chassis.   Ford recalled all the early cars to
weld in gussets and braces all over the place (including yours, unless it was
originally a Euro market car, which was allowed to fall apart!) to reinforce
the suspension mounts etc.   The 1972 and later cars had a completely
revised chassis which addressed the weakness issues.