[DeTomaso] Availability of BF Goodrich Euro Radial T/As

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Feb 12 23:28:36 EST 2010

In a message dated 2/12/10 19 07 16, spleen at spamcop.net writes:

> Are new 225/50R15 and P305/50R15 BF Goodrich Euro Radial T/A tires still
> available anywhere?  If so, would someone please tell me where?
>
>>>They were discontinued many years ago.   The only solution was to stock
up for the future.   I do have some 305/50-15 tires and could perhaps spare
a set for you.   225/50 tires are still widely available from numerous
different makers, including BFG (the Radial T/A, nominally the same as the Euro
T/A but only S speed rated, instead of H-rated).

> >Also, are there any downsides to switching to 205/60R15 and 295/50R15
> tires?  These will still fit my 8" and 10" rims, right?
>
>>>If you're going to run 50-series tires in the rear, keep 50-series in
the front too.   You can run the 295/50 with a 225/50 and that would be fine.

> >I know this topic comes up periodically, and I apologize to those that
> are sick of it, but I'd like to give my baby a new... quad... of shoes,
> and the material I found in the archive wasn't current enough to be
> helpful.
>
>>>Let me know if I can be of assistance.   I get a screaming discount on
shipping (75% discount from Fed Ex) so shipping charges won't be too great.
I paid right around $200 each for my 305/50s and would let them go for
that.   I also have some used ones with decent tread left that I'd sell for a
fair bit less; I'd need to evaluate how much tread is left to determine a
price, but it would be consistent with their condition.

Cheers!