[DeTomaso] aftermarket heat-A/C unit

Matt matt at nwpantera.com
Fri Feb 12 21:14:03 EST 2010

Thank you Jack.
And thank you for the many replies guys,very nice and helpful having more than one mind! Bimmer forums got nothin' on you guys.
I read an old post of yours in the archives which described your conversion,including the shorter dryer needed to fit. Good stuff.
I have a forward mounted rad and after more evaluation there is not enough room.
So that leaves the stock mount in the back.
One thing about the stock mount position,this might sound silly but which direction does the condensor fan flow?
Does it push hot engine and rad air through the condensor out the back or suck the outside air in? Since the belief is that the air is basically nuetral behind the car wouldn't the latter be the logical choice?

I did notice one of the vendors mentioned a condensor mounted in the right wheel well.
Have you ,or anyone done this? I've heard of oil coolers before but not the A/C.
Seems doable but besides being hidden and slightly cooler air than the back,I see no advantage,only negatives(dirt,grime,crap getting thrown up into it, accessibility)
Any thoughts?

Cool it,
Matt
3584