[DeTomaso] aftermarket heat-A/C unit

Tomas Gunnarsson guson at home.se
Fri Feb 12 04:24:28 EST 2010

If I'd known then what I know now I'd have gone for a front mounted
condenser when I rebuilt my system. Instead I went with the stock concept
but mostly new parts. I replaced everything except what's inside the cabin
heater, the condenser shroud and the condenser fan. I've since come to think
that condenser up front is the way to go. You may want to talk to Roland
Jackel who's exerienced in this conversion. He puts a dual fan equipped
(Mercedes W124) condenser in front of the radiator. The fans come on when
the AC dictates it and when the engine temp rises (regardless of AC need).

Tomas