[DeTomaso] Agreed Value Insurance - Daily Driver

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 11 15:08:49 EST 2010

Ayone familiar with an insurer who offers an agreed value insurance policy on a daily driver?

We just picked my son up a '72 Dodge Charger, but our daily driver insurer will only cover liability on a vehicle that age. It's a nicely restored Super Bee clone so I don't really want to take all the risk of damage and theft etc. on my own back. Even if I could get comp/collision in the event of an accident they are just as likely to say market value is something like $500, so I think an agreed value would be the best option.

The current insurer recommended one of the Classic Insurers, but a) this will be more a daily driver and more importantly b) he's only 16 and the classic policies require all drivers to be at least 25 yrs old and c) for each licensed driver to have a daily driver other than the classic.

Thanks for any direction,

Julian