[DeTomaso] Head light grounding

Larry Weston lplugw at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 11 09:22:05 EST 2010

My car is a late L, #7102 and the ground stud Mike refers to is NOT the other end of the battery ground stud. Mine is located behind the Speedo/tach area. You have to lay on your back in the drivers footwell and look up.

Get a wiring diagram from the POCA store applicable to your car and follow the headlight/radiator fan grounds path. Every electrical draw at the front of the car grounds through ONE wire back to the stud under the dash. I added supplemental grounds to the body for the fans and headlights. If you feed an item with 12 ga. wire, you've got to ground it with the same or greater. I suspect many burnt wires are the result of overloaded grounding circuits.

Good luck