[DeTomaso] While off topic - Propane

Thomas Tornblom Thomas.Tornblom at hax.se
Thu Feb 11 04:27:55 EST 2010

michael at michaelshortt.com skrev:
> They used to have propane Police cars in Savannah, but they kept blowing up.

Like this:
http://www.wighsnews.se/nyheter.php?nyhet=Stockholm-Tva-skadade-vid-explosion&notisid=59906

Apparently the owner had just bought an LPG car abroad and tried to fill
it with compressed biogas, using an home made adapter.

The LPG pressure is around 6 bar (~90 psi) I believe, and the biogas
pressure is 200 bar (~2900 psi). Like they say in Mythbusters: "Jamie
wants big boom..."

Thomas

--
Real life:   Thomas Törnblom             Email:  Thomas.Tornblom at Hax.SE
Snail mail:  Banvallsvägen 14            Phone:    +46 18 444 33 21