[DeTomaso] While off topic - Propane

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 22:18:34 EST 2010

I was in Amsterdam in 1979 and a guy I knew there had a Mercedes that ran on
propane. It was apparently very popular there because you could get a
Propane fill at regular gas stations. One thing I would be concerned about
is that propane is stored as a liquid (LPG stands for liquid propane gas) It
is highly explosive. the size tank  you use for a barbecue can level a house
so I would be very concerned about accidents. A good hit and you would be
blown to bits.
Boyd