[DeTomaso] fuel tank installation???

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Wed Feb 10 18:15:39 EST 2010

When my tank had to be replaced, the strap was (and is) the only thing attaching the tank.  I used rubber from an old inner tube cut to size to cover the frame where the tank sits.  I also modified the gas inlet pipe and the side gill so I could fill the tank from the side by opening the gill.

I'm sure others will chime in, too, with more (and maybe better) ideas!

Sincerely,

Chris