[DeTomaso] Ferrari 360 maintenance costs-- NPC

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sun Feb 7 18:19:54 EST 2010

In a message dated 2/7/10 10:07:56 AM, lashdeep at yahoo.com writes:

> 360s are well built. I have many friends with them and they don't require
> anywhere near this amount of maintenance.....

Except maybe the cast alloy motor mounts cracking which were carry-overs
from the 355s.   I suspect that most Ferrari owners are simply intimidated by
their machines, their price and the mystique surrounding them all of which
keeps owners from working on the things. Had a friend with a Lotus and he was
terrified of defiling his car's 'highly-tuned' engine with a non-factory
wrench. Obviously, they are only machines and many maintenence issues could
easily be done at home, between lattes.... Old Ferraris were
barely-streetified versions of race cars with hand-built parts, and that influenced the
prices charges for spares and the labor involved. Dunno much about the newer
ones.... FWIW- J DeRyke