[DeTomaso] 427 side oiler in a Pantera

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 4 21:09:52 EST 2010

Is this the car:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Other-Makes-PANTERA-DeTomaso-Pantera-427-Sideoiler_W0QQitemZ250575328348

--- On Thu, 2/4/10, Denny Finn <dennyfinn at molalla.net> wrote:

From: Denny Finn <dennyfinn at molalla.net>
Subject: [DeTomaso] 427 side oiler in a Pantera
To: detomaso at realbig.com
Date: Thursday, February 4, 2010, 12:00 PM

There were some posts quite a while ago about a Pantera with a 427 Side
oiler in it. I did work on that car. It belonged to a guy who owned (or his
family owned) a furniture company in the Portland metro area of Oregon.  I
ground the exterior of the heads & block & painted them gloss black. He
wanted the motor to look more show car like. The engine had dual stage
nitrous & I believe dual carbs. It had a cage to. The car had 250K invested
in it at the time.  I later did some spot in paint work for him. Thought the
info might be of interest to some one.

Thanks, Denny #1769