[DeTomaso] Torque Plate

detomasoregistry at gmail.com detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 22:05:02 EST 2010

A while back someone sent me a great photo of their 351C torque plate.

I'm adding it to my website, but I'd like to credit the person that sent this image.

In the words of the New Orleans Saints fans, "Who Dat?"

If anyone else has photos, details, use instructions for the torque plate, please contact
me,

and or send your info along.

For those that don't know, this is a large/heavy/stout plate that is bolted to the (351C
or other) block

and torqued down like any head would be.  Then the block is bored (or even honed?) thru
the bore size holes in the plate.

This is to better replicate the changes in shape that the block goes thru when torqued
with the head attached,

so the bore is as round/accurate as it can be.

If someone can 'splain dis better dan I please do!

Chuck