[DeTomaso] Champion 71 RC12YC

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Thu Dec 30 18:38:18 EST 2010

We checked, and for the Edelbrock aluminum heads I have, the long reach was the one to use.  When I pulled out the most recent plugs, I found they were the shorter variety.  I noticed some static/distortion coming through the speakers when listening to the radio (only when the engine was running) and after I switched to the long-reach plugs, the noise went away.  My suspicion is that perhaps some of the spark was "leaking" to the heads since the sparks were so close to the edge of the heads.

Chris