[DeTomaso] Rocker geometry problem solved

doug351c doug351c at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 16:06:09 EST 2010

Jack,

To make the larger pushrod relief, I clamped the rocker's axle in a
machinst's vise, clamped the vise to the Bridgeport's table and then used
the rocker's own pivot axis to control the cut.  I did this by bringing the
7/16" dia milling bit in so it was making a cut and then rolling the rocker
body by hand against the fixed position rotating bit.  The end result is
that the relief follows the curvature of the rocker body.  A side view
picture of the rocker would show this but, sorry, I don't have a pic.
Scorpion just suggested using a die-grinder by hand, which would certainly
work, but I had access to the mill so why not use it?

Doug