[DeTomaso] Downgrading a Cleveland and header flanges fornon-pantera

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Thu Dec 30 14:26:45 EST 2010

In a message dated 12/30/10 5:22:51 AM, jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com writes:

> Engine cheating used to be rampant in many historic venues.  I sincerely
> doubt that your competitors are running stock engines; although, they are
> probably dressed up to look that way.

Amen. Certain race 351-Cs in the past ran aluminum heads & intakes that
were sprayed with steel-laden paint; most Tech inspectors use a small magnet to
check for aluminum where cast iron should be, and the paint is magnetic.
Cheaters depend on sloppy tech-ing and infrequent tear-downs at amateur
events; as the prize money goes up, so does the level of inspection and magically,
the competition is closer. My 2¢- J DeRyke