[DeTomaso] good oil filter

Pantdino pantdino at aol.com
Thu Dec 30 13:39:22 EST 2010

Anders,

I suspect that the answer might be different for you in Sweden than it is in the States.
When I go to the local auto parts store I examine several filters to see which seems to be made best and choose the best.

If you have to order filters online or special order them, you will have a different experience.

>From what I have read and seen, Fram makes about 3-4 different levels of quality of filters.  The cheapest ones are junk and I would never use them.  My understanding is that the more expensive ones are very well made and I bought one because on inspection I agreed.

I generally trust Motorcraft filters just because I feel that Ford would not risk its reputation to save half a dollar in production costs, but I could be wrong.

Jim