[DeTomaso] Downgrading a Cleveland and header flanges fornon-pantera

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 30 12:36:50 EST 2010

As a guy who has a 74 Pantera in his garage that has been undergoing a transformation to a track/race car for almost 3 years (and is still a bare chassis) I would support the previous comments by John and Mike.

A lot will depend on what sanctioning boday and class you intend to run, you can get into some Production classes with minimal safety upgrades, some not even requiring a full roll cage, question is would you feel safe doing that? I know of a couple people that run SCCA Vintage class with street registered Panteras. Another question is what dictates 'stock' for your engine, showroom stock or something like FIA homologated GP4, very different.

Good luck,
Julian