[DeTomaso] Center Stack Bezel Needed

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Dec 29 13:36:14 EST 2010

In a message dated 12/29/10 8 19 17, mbefthomas at comcast.net writes:

> Does anyone have a clean, stock center stack gage bezel they would be
> willing to part with.  I'm going to be redoing part of the interior this
> year and mine is hanging on in pieces.

Although you state you have an L-model, it's important to differentiate
between the two styles.

A bezel is a chrome ring around an individual gauge.   You don't want one
of those.   You actually want a gauge panel, and specifically, a plastic
gauge panel for the late-style interior.   The early cars had a metal panel,
upholstered with vinyl and surrounded with a piece of chrome trim.   The later
cars had a molded plastic piece with fake chrome trim around the outside.
I think the last series had no fake chrome.

Wilkinson lists the various models on his website:

http://www.panterasbywilkinson.com/webpages/catalog/extra/ill22_04.html?prod
_id=14004A

I see that the second series with chrome is listed for just over a hundred
bucks:

http://www.panterapartsusa.com/cgi-bin/detail.cgi?prod_id=14004C

FWIW I had to buy one of these from Wilkinson in about 1996 and paid $180
for it at the time.