[DeTomaso] Pantera Roller with V6 from 87 GN

clay willmott claywillmott at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 27 18:31:10 EST 2010

I don't prefer automatics for sport street driving but to launch at 20 pounds on boost and run 8 and 9 second quarter miles I do prefer an automatic.
My mild 87 GN wieghs 3650 and runs high nines with mild tune I think a hotter engine in a lighter Pantera would run high 8s easily.
Seems an auto would be easier to get it done except it won't fit easily.
I know how to launch at boost with a proper TC and electric brake not sure how easy that is with a clutch to get boost up like that??   If I do it I think I will put 5 speed in and see how it goes.  Will be a lot faster than my 351C and get great mpg when not wot.