[DeTomaso] Pantera Roller with V6 from 87 GN

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 26 20:16:28 EST 2010

Check this out. It will not accomodate  you drive shaft idea but will
provide you with a 5 spd transaxle that is rated for up to 1000 HP, it's
light weight and while not cheap I think it may wind up being less expensive
then some of the alternatives you are considering.. It also provides a
possiable 5spd solution that is made in America is compact, lightweight ,
aluminum and comes in a variety of models priced according to their
horsepower needs.  They make transaxles for sand rails and off road racers
and are now making transaxles for GT40's (which also use ZF's) and Factory 5
is using them (or recommending them) for their GTM super car) I think the
model you need would be the S4DMendola S4D
Transaxle<http://mendeolamotors.com/trans-proto/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=56&Itemid=68>.
Here is one of their web pages .

Boyd