[DeTomaso] Pantera Roller with V6 from 87 GN

Tomas Gunnarsson guson at home.se
Sun Dec 26 17:56:12 EST 2010

Clay,

Since you already have a Pantera at hand, take some measurements on the
stock setup. Measure the distance (along the centerline of the car) from the
output shafts on the ZF to where the bellhousing meets the engine block.
This is what you have available for a converter bellhousing, automatic
transmission, driveshaft and a differential housing. If your new engine is X
shorter than a 351C, add X to the measurement you did before. My guess is
that the trans with bellhousing alone is twice the distance you measured
with the ZF.

Tomas