[DeTomaso] Pantera Roller with V6 from 87 GN

clay willmott claywillmott at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 26 17:00:09 EST 2010

I found a Pantera roller (No engine or trans) and I have an extra 87 Buick grand national complete drivetrain.
I want to put a V6 turbo FI complete into a Pantera.

Any idea how to put an auto trans in so I can occasionally drag race the Pantera for street and strip.  I do not wish to drag race a 12K ZF transmission as it will have over 1000 HP at a minimum at boost.
I have a 71 push button and 87 GN race car in the garage to take measurements already.

I figured if I moved the engine forward since its a small V6 and used a very short drive shaft and single axle that could work but a short driveshaft seems like it would bind easily.
I would like to use the half shafts and stock suspension.
Can a rear end be placed end between the half shafts or is there some easier way I am missing?
I have a good welder locally for the mounts/mods.

Thanks
CW