[DeTomaso] Gear drive

michael frazier red3644 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 24 20:13:36 EST 2010

I've thought of doing this too.  You could use a metal strap across the front of the idler gears.  Something very simple.
I'd make a cardboard shroud the shape of the opening that stuck out about a foot in front of the engine and cover the floor...
again simple.  But I don't think you actually have to start the engine.  Pull the plugs and spin the engine at that starter speed.
It would be fast enough to show how everything works and not just a useless blur like it would be running.

Michael Frazier
Gruppo Rompiculi Corsa