[DeTomaso] Pantera Suspension Rebuild

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Dec 23 18:35:11 EST 2010

In a message dated 12/23/10 15 16 51, cengles at cox.net writes:

> Like Mike Thomas said, peel back your carpet and look in the foot well
> for a couple (?) of plastic plugs. Once you find them, pry one off and take a
> flashlight and have a look. You may be surprised to see the business end
> of that frustrating bolt and realize that you suddenly have more options and
> angles on how to get that rascal out! Good luck and good hunting .

In typical Italian fashion, the access hole that they made to get to the
nasty bolt (nut) doesn't line up perfectly.   In my car, I have to slide the
socket through the hole, put it on the fastener, then insert the long
extension and start turning with the ratchet.   Once it's come loose, I can't
simply withdraw the extension, socket and bolt.   I have to disconnect the
extension, then wiggle the socket out, then I can finger-turn the fastener and get
it the rest of the way out.

I really should use my nibbler and enlarge the hole--but I don't envision a
need to remove my suspension ever again (famous last words...)