[DeTomaso] gumball pantera constant reverse clutch problems

bill gaino gaino at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 21 13:28:31 EST 2010

Bob, As Mike suggested... stick it in first or second before shifting to reverse. The forward gears have sycros. I also know a story of a clutch that drove an owner MAD, Mad I tell you.... then a knowlegeable owner came to his rescue and tapped on the clutch line while they bled it to remove air trapped in the line. If the system leaked, it would leak fluid out, rather than air in because it is pressurized.  Another thought, if there is any swelling of the clutch line, it would reduce the slave travel, that is why they use braided brake lines.  You may have to resort to the smaller dia. slave that has more travel. Mine works great as stock....  How about pumping the clutch pedal?  I have had to do that when the master is on the way out.  Bill 1362