[DeTomaso] Do-it-yourself Seat Track Wheels

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon Dec 20 23:54:31 EST 2010

In a message dated 12/20/10 7:10:50 PM, jskeane6 at gmail.com writes:

> I plan to drill a hole through the center(of the delrin rod), put a bolt
> though the hole with a nut on it, and use the bolt to chuck the assembly
> into my drill press.  Then, I'll reduce the diameter with a file and
> sandpaper.

With apologies to certain Forum members, that's what's known as an
'Oklahoma lathe job' and it works fine on soft stuff- including aluminum. The file
is a better idea 'cause you can control the cut better; you'll find the
sandpaper gets too hot to hold very quickly. A fine-tooth file will give a better
finish after most of the diameter reduction is done with a coarse-tooth
one. Good luck- J Deryke