[DeTomaso] Do-it-yourself Seat Track Wheels

J. Sean Keane jskeane6 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 22:10:32 EST 2010

The good news is that a chop saw goes through Delrin bar stock like a
hot knife through butter.  The bad news is that 1-inch round bar stock
makes wheels that are too big.  I guess I owe the vendors an apology;
you do have to machine the bar stock to the correct diameter before
making wheels out of it.

Being pig-headed, I'm going to see if I can make them work by reducing
the diameter a bit with my meager set of tools.  I plan to drill a hole
through the center, put a bolt though the hole with a nut on it, and use
the bolt to chuck the assembly into my drill press.  Then, I'll reduce
the diameter with a file and sandpaper.  I'm fairly certain that by the
time I'm done, the $55 for a set will look good, but in for a penny...

Regards,

Sean