[DeTomaso] What year?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Dec 20 21:40:09 EST 2010

In a message dated 12/20/10 18 13 48, detomasoregistry at gmail.com writes:

> When did the seat pattern change?
>
>>>The parts book is of little use here.   There were three different
styles of seat for the US-market cars.   The first style (as pictured here)
featured vertical pleats, while the later two styles had horizontal pleats.

The book says the middle style is for "before #3636" which does little
good, because it doesn't say where they start from.

FWIW most every stock Pantera I've seen with '71-style features (flat
decklid, flat bumpers, pull for fresh air etc.) had the vertical seats also.   So
I would put the change in the March '72 timeframe.

> >Note the later engine side covers, and gas filler.
>
>>>This car has first-style, early engine side covers, grille, and gas
filler; the only modification is a hole in the passenger side cover, and of
course the hole cut in the grille.