[DeTomaso] Turn signal issue

SOBill at aol.com SOBill at aol.com
Mon Dec 20 20:30:10 EST 2010

John,

The electrical diagram for the very early Panteras (with the turn  signal
flasher module) is at:
_http://www.panteraplace.com/Electrical/TURN%20SIGNALS%20AND%20HAZARD%20WARN
INGS%20(%20VERY%20EARLY).pdf_
(http://www.panteraplace.com/Electrical/TURN%20SIGNALS%20AND%20HAZARD%20WARNINGS%20(%20VERY%20EARLY).pdf)

The electrical diagram for the erarly Panteras with the unlighted  Warning
Falsher switch is at:
_http://www.panteraplace.com/Electrical/TURN%20SIGNALS%20AND%20HAZARD%20WARN
INGS%20(EARLY).pdf_
(http://www.panteraplace.com/Electrical/TURN%20SIGNALS%20AND%20HAZARD%20WARNINGS%20(EARLY).pdf)  This  is probably the diagram for
your car.

The electrical diagram for the late Panteras with the lighted  Warning
Flasher is at:
_http://www.panteraplace.com/Electrical/TURN%20SIGNALS%20AND%20HAZARD%20WARN
INGS%20(LATE).pdf_
(http://www.panteraplace.com/Electrical/TURN%20SIGNALS%20AND%20HAZARD%20WARNINGS%20(LATE).pdf)

Since your  warning flashers work, you have verified 90% of all the
circuitry. The most  likely item for your turn signals not working is a bad contact
in the Hazard  Warning which controls the turn signal power when the Hazard
Warnings are off.  Try wiggling or twisting the Hazard Warning switch with
the ignition ON and a  turn selected. If your gauges are all working
normally, Fuse 12, which feeds the  turn signals, is OK.

If I can be of further help, let me know.

Changing the Hazard Warning switch is not fun, but can be done. The
procedure is covered at:
_http://www.banzairunnerpantera.com/updates_hazardswitch.htm_
(http://www.banzairunnerpantera.com/updates_hazardswitch.htm)

Have fun  today,

sobill at aol.com

In a message dated 12/20/2010 10:24:17 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,