[DeTomaso] A question about foot pedal adjustment possibilities

mikeldrew at aol.com mikeldrew at aol.com
Mon Dec 20 20:13:28 EST 2010

Dan wrote:

I've not installed the pedal box spacer yet but it's on my list.  It appears to
e the limiting factor is the brake master cylinder running into the sloped
ood.  I've seen some stepped master cylinders where the front is
ower than the rear.  Otherwise, I wonder if you tilt the nose down
ith a wedge shaped spacer.

>>>The car featured in the PI thread (the white L-model for sale in Missouri with 'tall man'
modifications) has a 1.5 inch spacer and is still using the full-size, stock booster.
It has a Wilwood master cylinder, which is perhaps shorter than the more commonly found
Ford masters that most of the vendors used to use.

The one you're thinking of is the Corvette setup from Precision Proformance; it features
a smaller booster which would allow further forward spacing, and a split-level
reservoir system that might allow for additional hood clearance.  I suspect
the taller, aft reservoir would strike the hood before the shorter, forwardmost one.