[DeTomaso] What year?

detomasoregistry at gmail.com detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 15:22:32 EST 2010

Jim & Bill,

You are both correct. I presume you have read my brief comments on the page by now.

As to lighters, I believe all cars had them.

I see a lot of '71 features.  Some things are easy (easier) to change while other things
like the L front turn signal light pods not so easy to change.

People have changed/updated a Pre L car with L features like the turn signals and bumpers
for 'cosmetic' reasons, the Oregon car for example, while

other cars needed body sections and thus are now a mix of Pre-L and L model features.

Chuck

Wasn't that right hand engine cover hole part of a Ford TSB?  It was part of the very late
'74 cars so that you could check the water level in the overflow tank?  My car has that
hole and I remember getting the idea from the TSB's.  But I could be wrong.

Jim Gray

I see 71 seats, but it has a cig lighter. When did the cig lighter become stock anyway?
The right hand engine screen has a round opening that is new to me.. ?