[DeTomaso] Definition of Ins. EE response

John Bentley gndplne at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 20 12:14:55 EST 2010

Larry,

no, they point north to eliminate the timing error associated with the rotation of the Earth.  Since the Earth rotates from West to East, if you were to race East, your combine velocity would be faster than if you raced West.  Running North eliminates and problem.

JB - of course, another load....heading towards Virgo at about 210 miles per second