[DeTomaso] definition of insanity disproven...

Bob Radefeld bob at dodgecarroll.com
Mon Dec 20 10:18:36 EST 2010

Mike is "Right On" when he says you need to use the rubber isolation mounts on your MSD. FWIW, I mounted my 6AL & adjustable timing control on the floor of my front trunk on top of its felt type covering & just ran the black ground wire over to the battery grounding stud. I figured that would be a cooler environment than the engine compartment & extend its life - it still runs pretty warm in hot summer weather however. If I had it to do over again I think I'd mount it behind the passengers seat so it could benefit from more cooling with my AC going. Muddling through all the ways shown in the instuctions for installing the 6AL I decided I needed to remove both ballast resistors that were on my car. So far- no problems (knock on wood AGAIN!).

Bob