[DeTomaso] definition of insanity disproven...

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Mon Dec 20 00:50:40 EST 2010

That's probably what I'll try first, although I'm a bit skittish about using a MSD blaster after what Mike Drew had to say about them.

Chris

To: chrisvkimball at msn.com; spkorb at gmail.com
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] definition of insanity disproven...
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 00:00:15 -0500
From: pantdino at aol.com
CC: detomaso at realbig.com

Note that all those non-cylindrical coils have the male, HEI type leads as opposed to the female sockets used on the cylindrical coils.

I don't know if one simply uses a different lead from the coil to the dizzy or there is more involved to switch between the two..

Every manufacturer claims their coil is the best.

Unless you can find a coil with specs very close to what the MSD coils have, you might want to just replace what you have and see if your problem goes away.

Jim