[DeTomaso] Definition of Ins. EE response

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Sun Dec 19 21:21:29 EST 2010

Although if horizontal were a problem, it seems as if the problem wouldn't be so intermittent.

From: MikeLDrew at aol.com
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 21:15:47 -0500
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Definition of Ins. EE response
To: chrisvkimball at msn.com; persocaddy at aol.com; detomaso at realbig.com

In a message dated 12/19/10 18 08 34, chrisvkimball at msn.com writes:

I also read somewhere that the coil should be vertical--mine is virtually horizontal--does that in fact make any difference?

Dunno.   The OEM coil location on the Mustang was mounted horizontally in a bracket bolted to the top of the intake manifold.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/photopost/data/3234/medium/1972FordMustangCoupeEngine.jpg

But I have heard lots of "they say" talk that vertically is better.   So all mine are mounted vertically...