[DeTomaso] definition of insanity disproven...

Pantdino pantdino at aol.com
Sun Dec 19 20:52:33 EST 2010

My understanding is that ballast resistors are only necessary when points are being used to prevent premature failure of the points.
Otherwise they just decrease the voltage to the coil and decrease spark output.

Glad you brought it up, though- I think my car still has a ballast resistor in place even though I changed to electronic ignition years ago.

Jim