[DeTomaso] definition of insanity disproven...

Pantdino pantdino at aol.com
Sun Dec 19 18:56:14 EST 2010

Assuming you have the Blaster 2F coil, it has a primary coil resistance of 0.7 Ohms
http://www.msdignition.com/Products/Coils/Street/Strip/8205_-_Blaster_2_Coil,_Ford_High-Performance.aspx

But the MSD Blaster SS (non-cylindrical type) coil has a resistance of 0.355 Ohms and is also designed to work with your box.

Coils are available, in my experience, with resistances of 3.0 to 0.32 Ohms
http://www.pertronix.com/prod/ig/flame/coils/40000_volt.aspx
http://www.pertronix.com/prod/ig/flame/coils/45000_volt_ft3.aspx

So when you look for a coil you should probably get one with resistance in the 0.355 to 0.7 Ohms range
It should say on the box what the primary resistance is.
If it doesn't I wouldn't buy it

Jim