[DeTomaso] definition of insanity disproven...

John Taphorn jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com
Sun Dec 19 09:37:07 EST 2010

Chris

It sounds as if you are using the newer MSD6AL2 digital CD unit because you
mention the LED operating light.

Two thoughts

1) You can test the MSD's output rather simply.  The how to is available at
their website; rather, than me regurgitating it.

2) I also had an MSD6AL2 that functioned intermittently.  It made three
trips back to MSD for repair.  Each time they would check it out and return
it and it still functioned intermittently.  When I replaced it with an
analog MSD6AL, the car operated fine.

MSD eventually sent me a replacement MSD6AL2. However, they said that they
wouldn't warranty it.  So, I've got a new boxed 6AL2 sitting on a shelf and
when it comes time to employ, I have no idea as to whether it will work
reliably and it is not warrantied.

I am not impressed as to how MSD stood behind their new product.  Of course,
they acted like my experience with the 6AL2 was unique; obviously, I am
skeptical.

Happy Holidays

JT