[DeTomaso] NPT Any suggestions on SDHC memory for camcorders?

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 18 14:23:23 EST 2010

I'm buying my wife a new camcorder that accepts SDHC memory.  Amazon suggests the "Transcend" brand which I never heard of, so I looked at the reviews, and there are a lot of failures, almost 10%, with people complaining about losing all their pictures from a once in a lifetime vacation.  Based on that, I looked at Sandisk memory, but found the same kind of comments.  I also realize that you can damage memory if you don't properly "close" it when you disconnect it from a PC, so I know human error may be a factor.

I thought about getting two 8 GB cards versus one 16 GB to minimize the potential loss.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ken