[DeTomaso] Engine sounds-what's that tapping?

Matt matt at nwpantera.com
Sat Dec 18 11:44:04 EST 2010

Chris,
Just thought I would mention that prior to my first drive to the Vegas Fun rally I swapped out my perfectly fine mechanical fuel pump that came with the car with a new NAPA unit.
My thinking was replace it before it failed,possibly on the trip. The new one made a somewhat loudish clattering ticking sound.
I put the old one back in and the sound was reduced noticeably and stashed the new unit along for the ride as a backup.
It still makes a ticking sound but less than the "new" unit.
Something to consider...
But like Jack said,a stethoscope would pinpoint it exactly.
Good luck,
Matt
3584