[DeTomaso] NPT sorta, Lance Nist is now a Chevy LS Motor EFI Guy?

LaurieFerrari at aol.com LaurieFerrari at aol.com
Fri Dec 17 23:09:55 EST 2010

In all fairness to Lance, my first hand knowledge of the man  should be
considered as well as some of those who have had limited experiences  with him.
I have been a friend of Lance's at least 15 years  now. He helped me in
obtaining my Pantera through one of his  clients, many years ago. There is no
question that Lance is highly  qualified in his field and I've had the
opportunity of meeting many of his  friends and associates who are well respected
in each of their fields, be it  engineering, off-road racing, oil,
alternative fuels, on and  on. They, likewise, have high regard and respect for him.
His fuel  injection work is not a new story. Having been involved with
Electromotive for over 30 years, he has also gone on  to develop his own
systems and inventions which carry  several patents and are utilized by many well
known corporations and racers from  all avenues.  It was through Lance that
I was able to meet and have a  ride with Corky McMillin, of McMillin
Companies.  Corky, a  famed Off Road Racer with his own team, has since passed but
was an  exceptional person and good friend of Lance's.   As far as Panteras
go, you'll see notations of him and pictures of some of the cars he was
involved  with in the book, "DeTomaso Man and his Machines," and his work spans
 much greater than our Pantera world.  I have copies of published  magazine
and technical articles dating way back such as, "Turbo and High Tech
Performance" July 1992, Article "Intelligent Fuel Injection," and "Sand Sports
Magazine" Winter 1997 on his fuel injection, article  "Screamin' Subaru."
Then the Chevy High Performance articles.....on and  on. His credits are far
more involved than I could ever do justice  to.  I have seen and read several
of  various patents, one example. Sept. '94 for an Engine Valve Actuating
Device and another for a device that increases the cleanliness of burning
and significantly increases mileage for diesel vehicles. He is  held in high
regard in the world of engineers and inventors and I've  personally met
several of his close associates that are incredibly nice and  brilliant people.
Okay, he may be perceived as having "high  tuned" personality
characteristics that are had by most very  brilliant engineer types, but a better
diagnostician,  engineering scientist, and helpful friend would be hard to find.
Listening to the few of the stories here (especially from those  involved in
the EFI trade) is not always the most objective way of  evaluating a person.
I would trust Lance and his opinions and advice  just as much as I'd trust
my own brothers (who are my mechanics and  also by trade).  In the past
Lance has taken great care  of my cars and given me excellent advice for both my
Pantera and  Ferrari.
Laurie
[DeTomaso] NPT sorta, Lance Nist is now a Chevy LS Motor EFI Guy?
Ken Green _kenn_green  at yahoo.com _
(mailto:detomaso at list.realbig.com?Subject=[DeTomaso]%20NPT%20sorta,%20Lance%20Nist%20is%20now%20a%20Chevy%20LS%20M
otor%20EFI%20Guy?&In-Reply-To=)
Wed Dec 15 00:23:13 CST 2010