[DeTomaso] A good friend passes....

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Dec 16 20:24:15 EST 2010

Hi guys,

I got this from Bill Hohnhorst, who got it from Kelsey Sass.   Kelsey
wrote:

====

 Hello Everyone,

 For those of you who don't know me my name is Kelcey Sass and my Dad has
been a member of the San Diego Panteras Club for many years. Both him and I
went to many events together, from running his "74GTS" at Riverside Raceway
to hitting a 'buck fifty" on the way to Las Vegas... I believe my dad made it
to Vegas at least 15 times and had many fun times in Monterey. As age set
in he had to back out of active involvement in the club and it was very hard
for him.

 So it is with a heavy heart that I tell you of my fathers passing this
last Sunday December 12th. He made it to 86 and his body just gave out.

 My wife and I are holding a Memorial for him this Monday, Dec. 20th @ 1
P.M. at North Coast Church in Vista. The address is 2405 N. Santa Fe Dr. All
are welcome.

 Please know he missed you all and spoke often of all the fun times. The
Pantera Club Family was the center of his life for many years.

 Thank you,

 Kelcey Sass

====

Orville was a fixture in Vegas for a long time.   He was the original owner
of his beautiful '74 silver GTS with the license TOY4ORV.   He was deaf as
a post, had a huge smile and a great sense of humor.   As age crept up on
him, he turned the driving duties over to his son but together they still came
to Vegas for a few more years.

What a super guy.   I'll miss him. :<(