[DeTomaso] NPT sorta, Lance Nist is now a Chevy LS Motor EFI Guy?

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 09:11:59 EST 2010

Late 80's laptop, OMG, what memories. I still have mine, worlds most
expensive address book, $4500 (today probably equal to around $8000)  HP
110, 256k, 2MB.  Half size horitzonal B&W LCD Screen.   Being a lead adopter
isn't always a positive experience.   Michael Shortt
On Dec 16, 2010 8:59 AM, "Mike Trusty" <miketrusty at msn.com> wrote:
> Ok, I can't resist the trip down memory lane.
>
> Probably in the late eighties or maybe early 90's I had my Pantera at the
July Pocono event not long after I had put fuel injection on it. It was
running great and I was having fun. So confident in the system that I didn't
even try to bring a laptop not to mention that I didn't even have a laptop
to bring. I set my desktop up in the shop and would make runs, make changes
and then do it again. :-)

> Anyway this guy walks up to me and informs me that he knows more about EFI
than god(with a little "g") Some of you know who "god" with a little "g" is
and it isn't the guy that I was talking to at that time. Anyway, he
proceeded to tell me that if I gave him a ride and let him monitor my EFI
that he would guarantee that he could make it better. I resisted for some
time and finally gave in. Well I struggled to get it back to the pits after
the first lap. With help was able to push it back on the trailer and headed
back to Arkansas. One guess as to who that EFI genius was.

> Mike Trusty
> Mike Trusty Engineering
> 15119 Gorgeous View Trail
> Little Rock, AR 72210
> 501-224-9013

Guy?

> Dear Ken,
>
> That is interesting. Lance used to be quite a figure in the Pantera world.
Unfortunately, he, umm, disappointed several of his major patrons, as well
as the more normal patrons. I got the impression that the word spread and
his Pantera business dwindled significantly. If you're interested in Pantera
EFI products or help or service, then the kindest thing I can say it to use
one of our currently well known and reputable Pantera vendors.

http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/hrdp_0811_electronic_fuel_injection_systems/motorvation_pantera_efi.html