[DeTomaso] Anyone using a Electric Parking Brake actuator?

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 03:53:09 EST 2010

Keep in mind that a hydraulic line lock and an electric brake actuator are
two different things.

You've mentioned what a hydraulic line lock is, and I've heard numerous
similar stories about them bleeding down and cars moving on their own.

An electric brake actuator is the method used on many modern cars (including
my current Audi) and works just fine, as far as I can tell. You push a
button and a little motor applies the parking brake instead of you pulling
on a lever.

Charles McCall
1985 DeTomaso Pantera GT5-S #9375
"Raising Pantera Awareness Across Europe"