[DeTomaso] California engine swap exemption question

John Buckman jb841 at cox.net
Wed Dec 15 22:27:19 EST 2010

It was actually 1966.  '64 and '65 Mustangs have road tubes, while '66 and
later have PCV.  My Cobra has a '66 motor, and requires a PCV while if it
was a '65, it wouldn't
>>Not true.  PCV systems were available in 1965, as Dan stated.

If you've got a 1965 Mustang factory Shop Manual, go to page 8-9 and 8-10
for a description and test of the PCV system.

>>Page 8-55 describes the system.  There were two types of PÇV systems:  the open
ventilation system and the closed ventilation system.  The open system used a
standard oil filler breather cap while the closed system had the oil filler cap
with a hose connecting it to the air cleaner.

In the '60's cars were built with 2 versions of each engine option. The
Calif smog engines and the other 49 states.
>>Correct.

John