[DeTomaso] Anyone using a Electric Parking Brake actuator?

Peter Kovacs peter-kovacs at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 15 21:28:44 EST 2010

*Yes--any hydraulic parking brake is a bad idea.  That's not what they are
manufactured for anyway.  Line locks are designed for short-term use on the
front *wheels of drag cars.  It's to enable easy burnouts.  Come up to the box,
set the front brakes, roast the rear tires, then release.  It's only designed to
work *for a few seconds at a time, not as a long-term device.

*Mike (half my cars have no parking brake, none has ever rolled anywhere...) But
the same vendor advised me not to park the car in gear since if it got bumped,
it would shatter the cluster in the ZF. I have 2 other cars that do have line
locks on the front wheel which do work quite well for the burn out box. They are
indeed much better suited for that application.